Emergency Room Utilization Management
The Carolina Community Health Partnership Network of Cleveland County and Rutherford County work in collaboration with the primary care physicians and Medicaid enrollees/ HealthChoice enrollees to ensure that the use of the emergency room is appropriate. Network case managers and provider offices strive to continually educate patients on use of their medical home ( Children and Adults) and appropriate use of the emergency room.
The Carolina Community Health Partnership Network has a case manager located in the emergency room at Cleveland Regional Medical Center who meets with Medicaid and HealthChoice patients after their emergency room visit.
Case Manager provides:
- management information for Medicaid and HealthChoice patients,
- confirms discharge instructions are understood by patients
- coordinate ER referrals to specialists,
- makes follow-up appointments with PCP's and/or specialists including Dentist,
- educates patients on correct usage of emergency room and medical home,
- makes referrals to other CACM when patient's condition requires monitoring after discharge from ER,
- alerts PCP offices when patient over uses ER for non-emergent issues.
All providers are encouraged to educate patients on the concept of medical home. For any referral or questions about emergency room utilization, please contact case management services